SUNNYSIDE GARDENS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
TENNIS CLUB RULES
1. Players must conduct themselves according to accepted tennis etiquette, e.g. cursing, yelling, arguing, causing damage to the courts or disturbing other players will NOT be tolerated. Shirts MUST be worn at all times on the courts.
2. Court must be vacated exactly on the hour. Unfinished games or sets may NOT be completed unless no one is waiting to use the court.
3. Walking behind courts or in the areas adjacent to courts during play is distracting and should be avoided. Do not enter adjacent courts to retrieve stray balls and return balls promptly to other players.
4. NO food or smoking is allowed in the tennis court area or on the patio.
5. Players should not litter the courts. Please put empty beverage containers, etc. in the trash.
6. No spectators are allowed on the courts except on the patio.
7. Parents of the children in lessons, clinics or youth programs can watch from outside the fence in the area adjoining court 1.
8. Only FLAT SOLED CLAY COURT TENNIS SHOES may be worn on the courts. Running shoes or shoes with ridges/grooves of any kind are prohibited.
9. Courts must be watered before play to prevent damage to the surface.
10. Members must brush the court only if you are the last players on the court for the day.
11. If courts appear wet and or have puddles after heavy rain, they should not be played on. Check with park director or tennis manager before you enter the courts.
1. Reservations may be made by designated “CLUB” members ONLY. All other park members may play based on “court availability” at the posted hourly rates. Teen Premium category may NOT make reservations for prime time, i.e. weekends, holidays or evenings. Teen Premium category can play on “court available” basis ONLY during prime time unless they are playing with an Adult Premium member.
2. Reservations can be made in our Skedda on-line reservation system 24 hours in advance of playing time. ONLY Adult Premium and Adult Off Peak categories can make reservations.
3. Every member will be registered in Skedda and assigned reservation privileges to match their payment category.
4. The Daily Reservation Sheet will be on the park website at: http://sunnysidegardenspark.memberlodge.com/Daily_Tennis_Schedule
5. Reservation privileges are assigned when a member has paid their dues at the beginning of each new season.
6. Each Adult member can make ONLY ONE HOUR RESERVATION PER DAY. You cannot reserve a court for yourself and another member.
7. During “Prime Time”* hours, members are not allowed to play singles with a non-member guest.
8. All reservations must start on the hour and end on the hour according to the court clock.
9. A reservation is lost if the court is not claimed by the member within 10 minutes after the hour.
10. If courts cannot open at the scheduled opening time and are not playable, a reservation is lost for the hours the courts are being rolled & prepared for play. The member will have to check the schedule and reserve a court for later in the day if there is an opening. Members who have a reservation at the time when the courts are opened after they have been prepared will keep their court time.
11. CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE 3 HOURS PRIOR TO A RESERVATION. Any member making a reservation and not using it (except in the event of rain or closing) more than two (2) times is subject to losing their reservation privileges for the next two weeks.
12. Children are NOT allowed to play during prime time unless taking a scheduled clinic or with permission of the court manager.
13. An Off Peak member must pay the hourly rate if they wish to play during prime time hours unless participating in a “Social Doubles” event/tournament or playing during Saturday family time or taking an adult clinic with the instructor.
14. Non Tennis Club players who use our courts (all tennis guests, walks-on, students taking lessons or clinics, children participating in the youth programs) must pay a $20.00 registration fee and sign a waiver with the instructor or park director before entering the courts. (Fee will be deducted from the hourly rate.)
15. All hourly rates for Park members, guests of Park members or tennis club members or walks-on must be paid to the Park Director or tennis instructor before using the courts. NO EXCEPTIONS.
16. All guests paying the hourly rate MUST vacate the court at the end of the hour and brush the court before leaving. You will be automatically charged for the second hour if you continue to play past 15 minutes into that second hour.
17. Courts MUST be vacated when park closes. NO EXCEPTIONS!
* PRIME TIME HOURS: 5PM – CLOSING – Monday Through Friday
10AM - CLOSING – Weekends And Holidays
THE TENNIS COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND ANY MEMBER WHO HABITUALLY ABUSES THE RULES. CLUB DUES WILL BE REFUNDED ON A PRO-RATED BASIS.
Rev. March, 2017